Friday, November 20, 2009

Sustainable Clothes at the Saturday Market!

Portland Saturday Market helps make Portland one of the “greenest” cities in America or so I have heard from PDXposed. Sustainable clothing is a great idea and something that Portland designers are focused on. While attending the Saturday Market recently I discovered Flood Clothing. Nicole Flood creates amazing hats out of clothes she finds in second hand shops. She also sells re-vamped clothes, headbands, bags; all sorts of gorgeous things.


Her artistic eye helps her create new looks for old things. I remember taking a class her husband taught at the Art Institute. He told us about her business and how they were Art Institute graduates. It had slipped my mind until I discovered her at the saturday market! It is really exciting to see graduates from A.I., creating new and innovating ideas that are environmentally friendly. I have posted a link to her site. If you are ever at the Portland Saturday Market make sure and check out her creative wears. Warning though if you try on her hats you will most likely fall in love and go home with it!


-Alicia Jelinek


http://www.floodclothing.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment