Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Forget Summer!

Forget summer! Winter, has to be a fashion enthusiasts most beloved season. Hats, coats, gloves, ear muffs, scarves all screaming to be used in one form or another not just to protect us from the cold, but to also be used as authentic pieces of art within ones daily ensemble. As I peer out this window I see a well-dressed man in his 40’s defining the power he holds with his long black wool trench coat, burgundy cashmere scarf, black leather gloves, all covering up his daily suit. A young women walks the opposite direction only her rescued vintage down jacket lacking only a few colors from the wheel speaks to a difference characteristic, one of more freedom. She has earmuffs shaped to look as though they the ears of a Dalmatian puppy. Her mittens she would tell you only serve her in the purpose of keeping her warm, but the mere fact that she chooses not to match, matches her personality. Myself, I am dressed in a nice slate gray coat that goes down to my knees with a hood lined in fake fur. A hat adorns my head that while I love, would never fly in the summer. I may still have a dress on, but I get the extra benefit of wearing leggings with it at this time of the year, which helps accentuate the color. And then my scarf, perhaps my favorite part of the winter ensemble, is a criss cross of beige and navy patterns. I could go on all day about how winter enables one to really let out the fashionista inside, but alas it’s cold I need to put on a pair of gloves.

3 comments:

  1. You'd be crazy to not wear leggings with a skirt or dress this time of year! Brrrrr. I've always enjoyed the fact that winter weather means more clothes and more opportunities to show off cool fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather gloves, cashmere sweaters & boots boots boots.
    Cute, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the examples of the variety of winter fashions one can employ! I also had never thought about leggings being an opportunity to accentuate the color of a dress. Myself, I think I like winter clothes the best because they leave so much more mystery....what's under those fabulous layers of wool, cashmere, tweed, etc? If you're lucky, and stoke the fire just right, you might get to find out! :)

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete