Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rain=Winter

As I look outside and see the leaves clogging up the sewers and the heavy rain coming down I realize fall is over and winter is here. Puddles started to flood the streets and winter fashion came out of the woodworks and back on to the streets. Walking around Portland changed rapidly from people in their jeans and tee shirts to bundled up in their coats, scarfs and umbrellas.


Rain boots are my favorite part of winter in this city. Walking to the Art Institute in Portland I am always noticing peoples new cute rain-boots. If you are going to have to wear rubber boots why not make a statement with them.


As I am standing on the streetcar trying to keep out of the rain on my travels to and from school, I look down and see the cutest rain boots in my opinion this year. I was nervous, my heart beating. Do I ask where she got them or would she think I was a total freak. I had to. I really wanted a pair and had to know. Pink and black my two favorite colors, it would be worth the strange look I would get just to get a pair of my own. So I asked. “Hey I love your rain boots where did you get them?” She told me of this site online with extremely cute rain books that aren’t that expensive! I was so excited, came home and immediately went to look them up!


-Alicia Jelinek


Here are a picture of them. If any of you are looking for cute new winter rain boots a great site is: http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=15957




No comments:

Post a Comment