Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Radish Underground One Year Anniversary


Blairware…
Keith McQueen…
Dust…
SkPDX…
Preloved…

This Tuesday, October 20th, Radish Underground celebrated their One Year Anniversary since the store opened. Thank you to Sharon Blair, a teacher at The Art Institute of Portland, and also the one that invited me along with my whole Principles of Fit class to come see her designs, and countless other designers!

The one designer that stopped me in my tracks, I must say, was Keith McQueen with his lovely corset (pictured). A must have for anyone who would love to cinch their waist while also staying one-of-a-kind. This garment was rightfully displayed in the window.

Besides fabulous clothing, there was hard apple cider, mini muffins, a plate of radishes and other vegetables, and Pin The Radish (that if you were to play the game, blindfolds were a MUST.) And there was a Tarot card reader. So everybody walking into this store loved all the fun exhibits, eats, and fashion pieces. Sharon Blair had Blairwear, an elegant line of clothing that definitely sang her name, and SkPDX, a more casual line. There was also Preloved, whom I really enjoyed viewing due to its wonderful piecing together of different knits and making elaborate shirts out of different fabrics. Another garment I exceptionally liked was a skirt made by Dust that gave off the look of a pleated skirt, but was merely sewn with vertical strips along the skirt that were all stitched down the center and buttoned at the end with a metal snap. This gave the skirt a distressed and pleated look. It was very clever and took my breath away. There were lovely small hats and that were beautifully accessorized.

Needless to say, I was deeply satisfied in the garments, and found some new designers that spoke to my style and I.

By Ijeoma O!

No comments:

Post a Comment